Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Hi again. I have been a terrible blogger. I give to you the typical excuses: life has been busy and I've had no time to blog. I know, I know, lame excuses. But good news, I am back! Today, I felt was an important day to blog. I mean after all it is Mother's Day, right?! Usually, I write about my great dining experiences or my yummy baked goods, but today I am writing about an amazing woman, my Mom, Jenell Mall. For those of you that don't know, over the past two years she has made positive changes to her life. She is simply inspiring.

 Borderline diabetic. Hypertensive. Arthritis. Obese.  All these words were once a concern of my mom's. NOT ANYMORE!!! Today, she is a whopping 100+lbs down, over 3 feet less around her waist, a workout maniac, and a healthy eater. She has the energy and confidence like never before; in fact, my Dad and I call her the energizer bunny! I think she is in better shape then me! She has completed 4 half marathons, with a PR of 2:19. Can I just say, she rocks!
I am so proud of you, Mom. Every time I see you, I am in awe of your dedication and perseverance. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. I hope that when I am your age, I look half as good as you do! You are  such a great role model, I would be lost without you. Dad, Tyler, Greg and I are so grateful for you, Mom. You are the most loving, caring and devoted mother anyone could ask for. We love you very much. 

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve the BEST!



No comments:

Post a Comment