Thursday, March 10, 2011

San Francisco: My Weekend Getaway

San Francisco. Home to cable cars, Chinatown, Lombard St., Alcatraz, Union Square and the Giants. Lucky for me, these are only a few great attractions to see when visiting San Fran. Why am I lucky? I was able to take a day off of work to spend an extended weekend in the heart of Union Square with my hubbers. I gotta say, we were spoiled. It was a perfect weekend with nothing but blue skies.
Union Square: Shopping Central
We packed our days full of eating, drinking, shopping, touring, visiting with great college friends and from over doing it (or just getting old), a midday nap. Due to the fact that we do not have the greatest weather in Washington State, Greg and I wanted to soak up as much of the California sun possible. 

We spent our first two days walking everywhere. I am pretty sure we walked 4-5 miles per day! That seems like a lot for a city that is only 7 miles long and 7 miles wide!  We spent some time at the Fisherman Wharf, the Ferry Terminal Building and Ghirardelli Square. We even went to the aquarium and San Francisco Academy of Sciences, to find big-ass sharks, 30-foot snakes and the largest spiders I've ever seen! To top it off, we went to the biggest candy store on Pier 39... I did not know what to do with myself!   
Kiss me before I push you off!
Chocolate Madness! Com'on it's good for you!
Candy Heaven!! I could eat this stuff FOREVER!
Hands down, my favorite part of the trip was the abundant shopping, but more importantly the diverse food. It was awesome! From our hotel we were able to walk one block in any direction to indulge on Mexican, Japanese, Vietnamese, American and Chinese. Can you guess what I had on my first night? Mexican, Duh! Because we all love food and I did not have a chance to bake this week, I wanted to share some of the great foods we had.
Getting my Strawberry Crepe on!
Breakfast of Champs: Banana-Nutella Crepe
Lunch at Fisherman's Wharf
Bowl of Clam Chowder accompanied by a fresh crab sandwich


Sushi Madness! Melted in my mouth like butta! Get in my belly!
Not sure what we ordered. Chewy, gelatin-dessert of some sort. Ice cream on the side?
Chinatown Experience: Kung Pao Chicken- all good, minus the mushrooms. 
In addition to all this fantastic food, I also had some delicious drinks! Strong and sweet... just how I like it!
Blackberry Fizz. You only need a couple.... trust me!
Blackberry Margarita... like me some Tequila!
Great shopping. Great food. Great weather. Great friends. Great Vacation. What more do I need to say... we had a GREAT time!

Cheers!
High rollers right here, check it. Reserved for the Poffs!
 Pre dinner drinks. 
PS: I think bacon is the big fad in San Francisco!! I should live there. (If you don't know what I am talking about, read my last posting, "Bacon or Bust."
Get your Bacon on! Gummy bacon, bacon gumballs, bacon beans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment